REC AO Blog
It’s time for DPR license and certificate holders to renew—get units via online courses from UC IPM.
November has arrived, and before you know it we'll be ringing in 2018! For those who hold a license or certificate from the Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR), and have a last name starting with the letter M through Z, this is your year to renew.
DPR is urging license and certificate holders to mail in applications now to avoid late fees and to allow enough time for processing so that you can receive your new license or certificate by the beginning of the new year. Renewing early gives DPR time to notify you if you are short any continuing education (CE) hours and allows you time to complete any additional CE courses without having to retest.
If you need more hours to complete your renewal application and don't have time to attend an in-person meeting, then check out the online courses available from the UC Statewide IPM Program (UC IPM).
The following UC IPM and UC Agriculture and Natural Resources online courses have been approved by DPR and are available whenever and wherever you want to take them.
Laws and Regulations
- Proper Pesticide Use to Avoid Illegal Residues (2 hours) $40.00 charge
- Providing Integrated Pest Management Services in Schools and Child Care Settings (1 hour Laws and Regulations and 1 hour Other)
- Citrus IPM: California Red Scale (1 hour)
- Citrus IPM: Citricola Scale (1 hour)
- Citrus IPM: Citrus Peelminer (1 hour)
- Citrus IPM: Citrus Red Mite (1 hour)
- Citrus IPM: Cottony Cushion Scale (1 hour)
- Citrus IPM: Forktailed Bush Katydid (1 hour)
- Pesticide Application Equipment and Calibration (1.5 hours)
- Pesticide Resistance (2 hours)
- Tuta absoluta: A Threat to California Tomatoes (1 hour)
- Urban Pesticide Runoff and Mitigation: IPM – Pesticide Properties (1 hour)
- Urban Pesticide Runoff and Mitigation: Impact of Pesticides - Urban Pesticide Runoff (1 hour)
- Urban Pesticide Runoff and Mitigation: Water Quality and Mitigation: Bifenthrin and Fipronil (1 hour)
- Urban Pesticide Runoff and Mitigation: Herbicides and Water Quality (1 hour)
For those of you with last names A through L (or those of you who want to get a jump on your CE hours), look for new online courses from UC IPM coming in early 2018.
View the list of all DPR-approved online or in-person courses. For more information on the license and certification program and renewal information, visit the DPR website.
For more information about pest management and other training opportunities, see the UC IPM website.
Yes, you read correctly. The UC ANR South Coast REC will have several varieties of cherimoyas available to taste in addition to the persimmons during our annual "persimmon" tasting on Thursday, November 9th. Come on...
A “Celebration of Life” for Steve Orloff will be held at 4 p.m., Saturday, October 14, 2017, at Five Mary's Farm in Fort Jones, CA (117 miles north of Redding, 22 miles southwest of Yreka). Everyone is welcome! A catered community BBQ will...
Dear IREC Friends and Supporters, It is with deep personal regret that I inform you that Steve Orloff passed away yesterday. Steve died after a difficult struggle with cancer. Steve was a Siskiyou County Farm Advisor for more than 20 years...
On Sept 28, Dr. Beth Grafton-Cardwell led an all-day training on the nitty gritty details of the life cycle of California red scale and its parasites. She also spent time discussing the current problems with managing scale in orchards and how...